The show went so well last night, I was extremely pleased with the venue, my collaborators, the audience, everything.
“In eternity…there is not time, you see. Eternity is a mere moment, just long enough for a joke.” (from Hesse’s Steppenwolf)
So there you have it. Smiling and laughing all the way.
Briefly, my activities for the last 12 days included:
1. a Residency at Myall Park Botanical Gardens
2. a Lecture at Griffith Conservatorium http://www29.griffith.edu.au/radioimersd/
3. attending interesting panel discussion at the Conservatorium about scholarship and performance
4. a radio show interview
6. seeing the sights, sounds and tastes of Brisbane
7. creating new sound tracks and rehearsing for the Brisbane Powerhouse show
8. giving a fun double flute lesson to 2 great Con flute students
9. performing with Jan and Vanessa
7. reconnecting with old friends
So I’m all packed and ready to return to LA…just for a few days before heading back over the Pacific to Tokyo.
I’ve been a sponge here, taking it all in, reflecting, asking questions, both of myself and others. It’s been a wonderful. And great to spend it with Vanessa and Erik’s lovely family, Jan, the amazing Mover, and reacquaint myself with my dear friend Tamara from our UCSD days…
I hope to return again soon…